Here is a list of topics that are covered on the algebra section of the Compass Mathematics Test:
1) Basic calculations with polynomials. Remember a polynomial is a mathematical equation that contains more than one variable, such as x and y.
2) Factoring polynomials, which means that you have to determine what number or variable is common to the different parts of the equation.
3) Substituting values into algebraic equations. For example: What is the value of x + 3x when x = 2?
4) Creating algebraic equations for practical problems. For instance, you may be asked to write an equation that can be used to determine the discount given on a sale.
5) Coordinate geometry, particularly linear equations with one or two variables.
6) Rational expressions, exponents, and radicals.
Our Compass Practice Math Tests include all of these types of problems.
Most important, our materials show step-by-step solutions for each problem, so that you can clearly understand how to solve the problems by yourself.
For a free sample of our Compass Math Practice Tests, please click on the link below.
Go to the Compass Math Sample Test
Go to the Compass Math Sample Answers
Leave the Compass Algebra Test and Go to the Compass Math Test Sample Questions Page
© COPYRIGHT 2008-2013. Compass-Test-Practice.com. All rights reserved.
Please note that the COMPASS Test is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc, which is neither affiliated with nor endorses this website.